Monday, April 26, 2010

Climb Day 43: Starting Over

I have been thinking a lot about this climb and have reached some conclusions. My approach has been wrong. Obviously, I will never be able to do this on my own. If I could do it by myself I would have made changes years ago. I went to the Bible for my source and I found the answer.
Luke 9: 23
23 Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. NKJV

I have been self indulgent for a long time but today I begin a new way of living. I know I cannot make big changes so this week there will be no more sugar for me. No treats, no cookies, gluten free or not, no candy, nada. I know it will take a few days to get the craving out of my system, but I start today.  One day at a time.

It feels good to make this decision and God is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and I would love to hear from you. Be nice and your comments will never be deleted.